Pioneering Education since 1883
Acknowledge Education (AE) has a proud history, tracing back to its establishment in 1883, marking Acknowledge Education as the first Australian institution to provide specialist business training.
Founded by Sydney Stott, the college was one of the first to introduce typewriters to Australia to equip the workforce with typewriting skills.
We have a well-documented history of consistent growth and a strong reputation for adaptability. Pivoting to align with the evolving needs of both the business and education sectors, enabling sustained and significant growth.
AE joins the UP Education Group in 2022.
AE is now a leading multi-sector education provider delivering ELICOS, Senior Secondary, Vocational and Higher Education courses in Health, Human Studies, Engineering Design and Construction, Tourism and Hospitality, VCE Year 11 and 12 across Australia.
Click here to view our history.
“Equipping students to achieve their goals through quality education.”
Our Vision and Purpose
- At our core, we are dedicated to empowering students to achieve their dreams through guidance and education
- Holistic Approach We nurture well-rounded individuals, fostering academic, personal,and social growth through our values of integrity, inclusivity, and student-centricity.
We strive to ensure students are heard, valued, and prepared.
- Career-Ready Graduates We prioritise real-world skills, collaboration, and resilience to help students achieve their goals. Our experienced staff, supportive community, and practical curriculum prepare students for impactful careers.
- We own our actions and decisions, ensuring everything we do aligns with our mission to equip students
- Agility and Innovation: We adapt quickly to change to ensure we continually improve to benefit our students and alumni.
- Collaboration: We leverage our collective expertise and experience to maximise our education impact.
- Integrity: Honesty and consistency underpin every action to build on a foundation of trust with our students, staff and partners.
- Student-Centric: Students are at the heart of everything we do, prioritising their needs and successful academic journey.
- Inclusivity: We embrace diversity and ensure every individual is heard and listened to.
Acknowledge Education has three campuses in Melbourne (Melbourne CBD and Brunswick), two in Sydney (Oxford Street and Barangaroo), one in Perth (Wellington Street) and one in Brisbane (Fortitude Valley).
Acknowledge Education Pty Ltd trades as Stott’s Colleges, Australian Surf Industry Training School, Front Cooking School, Melbourne Language Centre, and Affectors Academy.
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Traditional Custodians of Country and recognise their continuing connection to land, sea, culture and community. We pay our respects to Elders past and present.